CENTRAL ILLINOIS BUSINESS AND COMMERCIAL LAW ATTORNEY
We Want to Help Your Business Succeed
We know you work hard to make your business a success, and you don’t want legal issues to stand in the way of that success. We handle complex commercial business transactions, financing, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, real estate matters, and general business advisory services with experience that crosses multiple industries and jurisdictions. We want to be your partner in making sure your business meets its strategic goals. We want to be part of your continued success.
First-Hand Experience Supporting Businesses
AJ was the primary contact for supporting numerous businesses at ADM – serving not only as legal counsel, but as a trusted business partner. AJ leverages legal and business experience and his unique skills as a strategic thinker and problem solver to help clients solve complex legal issues and to achieve their strategic goals.
Wessler Law, LLC offers the following services to its business clients:
- Business and commercial litigation
- Business organization and transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Collections / Creditor's Rights
- Agricultural Law
- Real Estate Law
- Crop Insurance Law
- Business Start-Ups
- Minority Shareholder Rights / Shareholder Oppression
- Drafted and negotiated hundreds of commercial contracts and transactions, including but not limited to commodity trading, commodity handling, barge transportation, truck transportation, rail transportation, property brokerage, product supply, service agreements, dispute settlement, financing agreements, and collaboration agreements
- Provide regular counseling and advice to the presidents of ADM Grain Co., ADM Milling Co., American River Transportation Co., and ADM Trucking Co.
- Negotiated and managed the creation and dissolution of foreign and domestic joint ventures, strategic alliances, and sophisticated commercial transactions
- Arbitrated domestic commodity contract disputes through the National Grain and Feed Association (NGFA)
- Handled a wide-range of real property transactions throughout the U.S. (e.g., divestures of properties and numerous grain facilities; acquisitions of properties and numerous grain facilities facilities; draft and negotiate leases, licenses, and easements; resolve title defects)
- Served as primary legal adviser in ADM’s $127.5 million sale of ADM Crop Risk Services (a primary crop insurance managing general agency with $548.9 million gross premiums written for the 2016 reinsurance year and 1,170 agents across 36 states) to an affiliate of Validus Holdings, Ltd. (Now owned by AIG)
- Managed litigation, contract drafting and negotiation, and all other legal affairs of ADM Insurance Company and ADM Crop Risk Services
106 S. Main St.
P.O. Box 47
Virginia, IL 62691
101 S. State St, Suite 240-A
Decatur, IL 62523
Hours are by appointment only
THE CHOICE OF A LAWYER IS AN IMPORTANT DECISION AND SHOULD NOT BE BASED SOLELY UPON ADVERTISEMENT.
2022 Wessler Law, LLC. All Rights Reserved